Re[2]: How Nasty Is A Trickster?

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:24:39 +0200

Hello Paul,

Sunday, September 22, 2002, 9:12:24 PM, you wrote:

PAK> That said I don't think that tricksters are actively malicious (at
PAK> least to their clan) beyond practical jokes.  BUT they don't see the
PAK> consequences of their tricks.  If a joke embarrasses and humiliates
PAK> someone who has - in the trickster's view - unjustly beaten them then
PAK> the trickster will almost certainly go for it EVEN if kinstrife might
PAK> follow - the trickster simply won't think it through that far.

that's my main uncertainty - the consequences [IMG] for revealing the beguilement would be far reaching for HIM, because HE's 'only' adopted into the family and is likely to face anything up to isolation or even severance.
I'm not sure if a trickster would take such thoughts into account, after all he is part of the community as his deity was and his behaviour would weaken it beyound the usual puns and bad behaviour. having said that, an Eurmali is expected to do exactly this kind of things anyway.

--
Best regards,
 Stefan                            mailto:stefan.drawert_at_...