Third Age Brightness of Yelm?

From: Mikael Raaterova <mikael.raaterova_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 13:33:23 +0200

I may be thick and unable to read the sources, but i have a question about Yelmalio...

We know that Yelmalio is worshipped nowadays in southern Peloria, and that such worship isn't exactly uncommon. Yet most Sun Dome Temples fell with the EWF and the remaining worshippers of Yelmalio were slain during the Dragonkill War. As far as i can tell, the Q&A about Yelmalio is pretty silent about any third age Brightness of Yelm.

My question is: how did the current and widespread worship of Yelmalio come about?

Did worship of Yelmalio survive the Dragonkill outside Balazar to grow again? Did the worship of Balazar Yelmalio spread to all of southern Peloria?
Was there another Brightness of Yelm to fill Yelmalio's sandals after the Dragonkill?
Or was there a Brightness-of-Yelm-vacuum until Monrogh's revelation could spark an epidemic spread of Yelmalio worship?

I ask this because IMG the lunars in Far Point actively enccourage Elmali (and other rebels too) to convert to worship empire-approved Brightness of Yelm instead of Elmal. I want to know if this process started first after Monrogh's revelation or if that merely added fuel to a pre-existing conversion process.