Re: Re: False Friends

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 20:33:11 +0100

>I'm not sure why you'd need a special wyter to tell this, couldn't
>any devout Heortling Lawspeaker could tell that a Lunar missionary is
>telling lies from the Orlanthi PoV?

You can tell a lunar is lying - his lips move...

>This brings up my real question: In mythology, did Orlanth have any
>friends who didn't agree with his theology? Peter implies that he is
>very intolerant. While Heortlings are certainly untrusting of
>strangers, is it truly forbidden to make friends with them? (Kind of
>like very early Christians were discouraged from marrying non-
>Christians?)

Orlanth had very little theology - he was king of the storm tribe, and as long as you accepted that, you could join. The Heortlings are untrusting of strangers, but that isn't based particularly strongly on their religion. They are also incredible conservative, while worshipping a god of change. In my opinion, this is why they are losing...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson