Lunar Empire and Provinces

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:32:40 +0900

Efendi:
> In the case, the Empire will be not make enemies directly.

"Barbarian Adventure" holds another opinion, I think many speculators and racketeers of the Empire streamed into Sartar as in Real World roman provinces. Hyenas prefer eating deads to making effort to hunt livings.

> 2. For the Empire, Sartar is important strategically. And Saratar is
> poor. Sartar for Lunar is just look like Palestina for the Persian Emire,

I agree your opinion in a limited sense, IMO Sartar was conquered by religious reason rather than financial reason. Orlanth is Great Rebel of Cosmic Order, so must be conquered.

> Palestina is the bridge that links the Empire and rich Egypt. Sartar
> is also the bridge that links the Empire and rich Kethaela. So, the
> Empire will be not want to opress Sartar and run them into rebells.
> So, the Empire may loosened up on taxation than before Sartar Kingdom.

I think most Heartlanders are indifferent to Sartar except religious leaders, most of typical oppressors in Sartar are Tarshites who have cultural similarity to them and have interest to the Provincial Overseer and nearest region's trade and grudge IMHO. (Anyway, humanity know how to fight fiercely against their own cousins....)

Below is an interesting opinion from the Point of View of Sartarites and their hatred to LE.
http://www.glorantha.com/tribes/why_hate.html