Re: Tax Collecting in Sartar

From: Tadaaki Kakegawa <yelmalio_at_...-net.ne.jp>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 07:39:32 +0900

Hello,

<<< IWASAKI Moto <efendi_at_...> said>>>

>>1. The Lunar Army seized the record of tax collecting of Sartar Kingdom
>>that was kept in the palace of Boldhome. And, the Empire will use it.

I think King of Sartar had never collected tax. Tax is for the Evil Emperor. (Each tribe should have made tribute to the Prince, though)

It seems that the Empire collect tax from clans, not from tribes. (Tax collector was killed by young Argrath, which implies tax is not collected from tribal Rexs) I guess Tax Demons, created by the Red Emperor, give some powers to the collectors.

Tax collecting is profitable business, so many candidate (petty noblemen, merchants, outlaws, ...) might come from Heartland.

Regards,