Re: How do we do this now?

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 02:12:17 -0000

I generally agree with Graham and Jeff, but the matter makes difficult is about narrating style about Otherside and maybe I don't know how to treat the real apostacy from "communal" worship in Sartar (TR told about Communal Worship), except OiD situation, fleeing from Retribution is very difficult except for true powerful person / group. It seems Lunars have different view to the concept of religion and cult.

Jeff:
> NO, the lunars can't check it. Why should they? Its easier just to
> crush them. And why would the Imperials believe your enemies as
they
> protest their innocence?

No, but some "good" lunars can try to convert them. And supporting lunars with entire clan / group against faithful Orlanthi might be the same as
emblacing "Chaos" from POV of the ancestors or from Otherside.

Morgan:<<In light of the recent scandals, I'm sure that many priests *are* consulting this material [OiD situation]their fellows, and their conscience.

The poor Orlanthi has no preparation at all.>>

Gloranthans really know Afterlife exists and they sometimes (or some of them) see mundane world is a shodow of Otherside. It suddenly BECOMES not apparent.

In TR p.78, orlanthi cannot differ "fanatical moralists" from " sharkers" and cannot discern when accurately falling the retribution. And one of schenario of BA, ancestors appears and urge their offsprings though the situation is bad.

TI