Re: Re: Playing/Handling powerful characters

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 09:02:08 +0000

>The main thrust I would want to put forward, is that it is not the numbers
>that make the game heoroic. It is the action, the struggle.

Sure, but when you have a benchmark for your campaign, you need to stick to it. It doesn't matter whether the clan champion is 5W or 10W4, but when the players reach the level where they can win fights against that skill, that skill had better still be the same or the players will feel short changed.

Now I'm working with a scale of W2 - notable, W4 - heroic, W6 - demi-god, W8 - god, W10 - great god. Unfortunatly, by the normal rules thats 176 HP from beginner to great god. Easily achieved in a five year campaign that plays regularly. I'd like to see a brake put on this, so that it takes more sessions to get from hero to demi-god than it does to become a hero in the first place. YMWV.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson