Re: High Power Games

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 16:47:57 EST

In a message dated 01/12/02 12:05:19 GMT Standard Time, HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

<< Trotsky

> there's no reason I can see why you couldn't run a campaign set
> during, say, the Second Age >>

My game is set in the Second Age, Lord Pavis, Joraz Kyrem and Flintnail (powerful Narrator Charactors) are all at three masteries, (in Masonry, Dickering, and his Mostali occupation). Lord Labrygon is at four masteries as is his proto-god creation.

I do not have a problem with the levels issue due to infrequency of games. Because I do not have an impending Hero War to deal with I am planning to whizz through years quickly without many hero points (in six sessions we've covered three game years). One already has "old age taken it's toll" as a flaw and "bad back" to augment his disability.

I think it is important with Hero Wars to remember you benchmark power levels else you, and the players, get confused about what should be a challenge. My Heroes are powerful in their environment, with 15W the highest rating, but they know there are plenty of powerful godlearners, dragonlords, waha khans and troll demigods that would squat them like flies. However, I do want to get to the stage where they can at least face of a nomad horde, resist a godlearner curse, or fight a dragon.

Keith