Re: Powerful characters, rules, roles, narration

From: reinierd <reinierd_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:32:09 -0000

Well, okay, but part of the appeal of HW is the temptation/appeal of having your PCs "fix the mistakes" of the Godtime: e.g., "This time we won't let Arroin get caught by the chaos monsters and [sic] we'll bloody well build ourselves a world without disease." Graham is right in that gods are too big/impersonal to play, but PCs with godlike abilities can still remain fun if they have to deal with myth-level choices and consequences. What are the unintended consequences of saving Arroin? Would the world be a better place if Humakt decided to give Death back to Subere? A PC's justification (and likely vacillation over) for why or why not the world would be better, and his attempts to "make it so" in all the worlds could I think be a satisfying high-level campaign. Err ... not that I've actually tried this.