Re: Re: Powerful characters, rules, roles, narration

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 02:11:27 -0800 (PST)

heartily seconded!

> If my "best skill" is 15W4 and is
> significantly higher than
> the other characters rating in the same skill, then
> increasing it is
> of little worth. I am likely to be able to defeat
> all but
> the "serious" challenges, and those will be aimed at
> my power level
> (to provide an interesting game) anyway. At merely
> 5W there is a
> need to increase it to get to the point where I can
> ignore
> the "mundane" challenges.
> If everyone is challenged, but gets the
> chance to win then
> everyone will, generally, be happy

generally I agree, but:
I think you (some of you) are reducing combat and challenge to a wargame challenge.
This is a RPG.
Even Harrek 10W6 could be embarassingly beaten up by....

his elderly mother! (provided he has one)

Suppose that he meets a trickster with CC 14, one who knows exactly how Harrek's mother looks like and cheats the Rathori effectively, looking as his mother.

IMG Harrek would be severely slapped (not killed because mothers don't kill their children).

Maybe I should write a tale about this event...

Ciao,
Gian

Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com