Orlanthi initiation rites

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:34:40 -0500

Viktor Haag writes:
> But what I need now is descriptive scenes for Not
> Adult Orlanthi (both boy and girl) to help me paint a good
> picture for them.

What I mean to say here is that I need descriptive scenes of the ritual itself, and what the heroes see.

Where do the rituals take place? What kinds of events happen to the heroes before they travel to the Godplane. What sort of things do they see once they get there? How does the clan treat the New Adult's experiences? (Are they celebrated and told at the hearth? Are they kept secret? Are they shared with close friends only? Is there a penalty for sharing?)

Sounds to me like there's meat here for an article... 8) (And I might even feel like synthesizing one, if I can get raw material from other more experienced gloranthaphiles.)

V.