Red and Sky Bears...

From: Wilfried, Hallier <vingo_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 17:25:14 -0000

Hi everyone !

I am working on Odayla's cult secrets and links with other mythologies, especially Moon one.
Odayla's is known to be The Great Bear.
So I am seeking to understand the Bear's riddle/s.

Is there a difference between Red Bear & Tamed Sky Bear.

Sky Bear is one of Orlanth's Stars (Stars Ring) and associated with Odayla. But I was unable to find about the Red Bear.

Sky Bear links the Red Goddess in the following Moon Goddess Myth:   http://www.glorantha.com/library/history/plate5.html  "The Goddess Riding the Sky Bear:
  The Goddess, without weapons, is riding upon a giant bear.   There is no ground underneath, but stars are visible in the   background."

Possible solutions:
- Rough Guide to Glamour includes Greg's "Story of the Moon
  Goddess", in which (as Orogeria), "Rufelza tamed the wild   sky creatures, especially their leader, Orlanth the Star   Bear."
- Glorious ReAscent of Yelm for sky/star bears (page?)

Could someone remember me where ('net & publications) I read about the Red Bear ?
I believe it was in Issaries books, but all helps are welcome. :-)

Sorry I was unable to find anything neither with Glorantha's search nor in Glorantha Digest Archives. Never talk about ??
Was it a dream ?

Thanks in advance.

"Truths we dislike to learn are those we have the most interest to know." - Chinese Proverb

Will
Lyon, France.