Re: Re: Show not Tell

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 00:14:01 -0600

To me, the perfect way to introduce newbies to HW/HQ are to capitolize on the scenarios where it crosses over into "normal" RPG territory, and for me that's Pavis/Big Rubble. Borderlands and Griffin Mountain are all fine intros to Glorantha, as well. With Barbarian Adventures, now we have a major swath of the essential Glorantha mapped out. If we run demos in those areas, we can also start introducing those elements of Glorantha that we have come to love over the years.

Guy

Always choose the option that'll most likely blow up in your own face. You never know when a tribe of werebears is going to want to skin you alive, for instance. Those are the Munchausenesque moments you can brag about over beer for years.

Of course, sometimes you get bitten by vampires infected with bubonic plague, but on the whole, you have a great time.