Re: Gloranthan Ghettos / Gloranthan Visions

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:04:16 -0000

John wrote:

> What is the thing I miss **most** in current Glorantha?
> The wide-eyed zaniness and humour, often piled on in equal
> amounts with sense of open-eyed wonder and insight.

Boy oh boy, yes! Bring back that "Californian weirdness" -- it's sadly missing from the current line-up.

Sometimes a feat name is appropriately zany... but often not; while open goals are sometimes missed. For example, reading the ILH-1 this morning (and wondering where my credit went), I learn that there are *no* disadvantages to worshipping the Tarshite god of Bagpipes. In Tales, we'd have slipped in "hated by neighbours (unless deaf)" by reflex.

Cheers, Nick