Re: New Campaign Questions

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 19:28:52 -0000

> Wyter Questions:
> The clan Wyter's three abilities start out at 10W, plus an amount
> calculated for Extraordinary Support from all the adults in the
clan,
> correct?
>
> Thus with an average clan of 500 adults and 100 elders, this would
be
> a +20, making each of the Wyter's three ratings 10w2, correct?

More or less. Yes. The clan wyter may be better at some things than others. Feel free to shift the points around.

> Any variation other than from the Clan Questionnaire is based on my
> assessment of the needs of the campaign, correct?

Very much yes. My campaign questionaire differed greatly in a few ways.

> Questionnaire Questions:
> There are several clan attitudes that can result from the
> questionnaire. May all of these by taken by the players if they
wish?
> Is their any cost to their other abilities? In other words, is
there
> any reduction in their abilities (number or rating) from character
> generation as a result of taking these?

Any attitude could be taken by the player up to the recommended level. They don't _have_ to take it but most of their clansfolk will have them at about the level indicated.

I usually add in a few feats or magical talents which are native to that clan's history. They may be gained during initiation or just something 'everyone knows.' The Cyrlings have 'Run up and Down Hills,' for example.

> Are there any effects (campaign consequences, rather than game
> effects) from the picking of a Heortling tribe, or is this
> fundamentally ornamentation?

That's my opinion - though you may wish to add someting.

> What's the Thing with Many Bodies? Disease spirits? Gorp?
> Miscellaneous Chaos monsters?

That's up to you. Could be anything wierd and otherworldly.

> HeroQuest Questions
> What's the difference between a Talent, Spell, Feat, and Charm? I
> understand that it is all common magic, and I understand what most
of
> these words mean in a Gloranthan context, but I am not certain
about
> Charm and Talent.

Talents come from the hero.
Spells come from the Sorcery World
Feats are Divine
Charms are spirit (lucky charms)

> What will be the amount for a `Standard Augment' i.e. one without
any
> dice rolling?

1/10 of amount of the ability, rounding up or down (14 is a +1, 17 gives a +2)

Probably the latter half of this is a bit rules-y. There's a long discussion about augments giong on the Hw-rules list at the moment.