Re: Glorantha3D list?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 17:33:09 +0100 (BST)

> What is the Glorantha3D list? I'm guessing it's for
> anybody creating
> Glorantha related material in software such as
> Poser, World Creator, Bryce,
> etc. Is this correct?

More or less, yes.

"Digital Glorantha" might be a better name. It started off being suggested as pure 3D: VRML and so on. Then we included products that create 3D models but normally publish the results rendered into 2D: Poser and its friends (think of John Hughes' pictures). Then mapping software got in there as well.

To quote the group description:
"Gedday. Digital Glorantha is dedicated to the creation of artwork, maps, 3D models and virtual environments for the fantasy world of Glorantha, using software such as Poser, Bryce, Vue d'ESprit, Lightwave, VRML, and whatever graphics program you can afford. :) It's a friendly, low-volume forum where you can swap ideas, models and props, show off your latest creations, ask for technical or creative assistance, and jointly plan epic 3-D projects."

However, as it says further down:
"Due to a growing number of incursions by spammers, entry to the group is now subject to moderator approval."

And approval can take time, as John (the owner) has a life :(
8 members now "pending".
Hmm, you're one of them. So despite the lack of profile to tell me you're not a spammer, I may as well approve you.... (John can kick me later, if he feels that way inclined)

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience
http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer