Re: Mailing lists

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 09:01:18 +1200

Mick Rowe writes:

> I dont see 6 regional lists as excessively fragmenting the tribe,
> those that wish to can be members of more than one list.

Part of the reason for Graham's aversion to regional lists was that it had already been tried out in practice with Prax. This robbed the mainstream lists of anything to do with Prax and when the Prax list was slain with the peaceful cut (it was a writers group that had been hijacked into a discussion group and nothing was being written), the discussion didn't migrate back to the mainstream list.

 --Peter Metcalfe