Re: Eastern Wilds

From: Newt <newtiswrong_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:17:02 -0000

Cheers David,
I've had the pleasure of reading your Delela material in Tradetalk 3, a issue that intially had me going "bugger the swines have done it better than me!" before quietly building in ideas. It was after that issue that all my predominatly Arkati worshiping pcs where told to keep their heads down in Delela or around Delelarites (of which they were in a city swarming with them) :) [Sorry for those of you not familiar with the Eastern Wilds of Raliios, some of the Orlanthi , of whom the Delelarites are one kingdom, believe that Arkat was the Chaos god Gbaji the Deceiver, instead of Nysalor----as most other cultures believe]

I've got a fair bit of Eastern Wilds material, principally Karia, enough for a source book. However it was all written during the heyday of RQ4 and badly needs updating to HeroQuest, both rules and setting wise. Also it read like a lump of lead, so needs more hooks and pizzaz! Plus the final piece of the puzzle is to write up some of the adventures.

After I've got GenCon UK out of the way, I am looking start getting out some of the material, probably via a website. I have in mind something along the lines of a newbie friendly online sourcebook. Which would eventually have the scale and playablitity of the old RQ2 supplements, but due to the nature of the web could be built up gradually and updated as needed very quickly. I'm also working with Mick Rowe and Darran Sims, on a fanzine so it is highly probable that some stuff will end up there too.

Thanks for taking an interest.

;o)Newt