Re: Power of deities

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 13:16:38 +0300

Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> >So, how IS one god MECHANICALLY more powerful than another in HQ? Seems to me
> >the answer is "because the Narrator knows who's tougher." Anyone got a better
> >answer?
>
> Maximum intensity of effects? Small Gods 1W3, Big Gods 1W6 and Great Gods
> 1W9?

Yes, though for some of us it's not always clear what category a god/spirit/deity falls into. Okay, Orlanth, great god, check, no question. Ernalda, yup. Okay, Humakt, big or great? If he's Great, is Zorak Zorak? Kyger Litor's a Great Spirit; does this mean her "aspects" in the form of her children are Big or Great Spirits?

*I'd* say Great, Great and Big, but I'm not sure all narrators would see it the same way. I suspect there'd be a certain process of Deity Inflation ("Well, Zorak Zoran is Great, so I want Karrg to be Great, since in my game they're kinda equal. So that means Vaneekara should be Great, because she's roughly equal to Karrg. But that means Vinga...").

James