Re: Power of deities

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 09:30:53 -0000

> I'm very curious how the authors intend to show this difference in
power between
> gods (or gods and spirits and sorcerous entities, for that matter.)
>
> In RQ, this was pretty clear for gods based on the description of
spells and the
> limitations on rune magic.
>
> In HW, the only way I've seen to show a difference is in how cool or
lame a god's
> secret is.

I'm not so sure that the relative power of gods' Secrets is unimportant, though. A Secret represents the very best magic you can hand out - if your best magic is better than the other guy's best magic, I'd say that's a pretty clear differentiation.

But there are also differences in the feats available. Take Chalana Arroy vesus Ernalda the Healer, for example. The former can re-attach severed limbs, but the latter cannot.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic