RE: Re: Question(s)

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 08:11:03 +0100

TI writes:

> (BTW, I don't like Tales #18 attitude to Urox....)

When you say that, Terra, what you're *really* saying is that you don't like the Greydog Clan's attitude to Uroxi. And that's quite alright by us, because we don't think much of *yours*, either.

FWIW, we've found using Uroxi as beer-swilling berserk bullying *villains* is good fun, the same way the Taming of Dragon Pass game recast Malan's Humakti as scary foreign psycho killer mercenaries. It helps erode that multi-faith "comfort zone" you otherwise get from seeing all the weird aberrant cults as *the* prime "player character" choices.

And exacerbating internal conflicts within a culture is *fun* (in games -- in the real world, it can be a bugger!).

Cheers, Nick