Re: Roleplaying a Taraltaran

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 19:12:36 -0000

Yes. I am seeing a bit too much panic and overreacting from people these days, I fear. HQ won't invalidate everything previously published, particularly not something with a HQ label on it. The sky is not falling.

> FWIW, in HQ I'd probably make the "Taraltara religion" (or all
Martial Arts
> schools) a Common Magic* of some kind - ie, they go for Talents
and "self
> discovery" over overt theism/animism/sorcery. They can (probably
must at a
> certain level of learning) Concentrate their innate magic, so they
can use
> their Talents as straight skills instead of augment-onlies.

This is the conclusion about 'active' mystic types I'd been reaching over on Hw-rules. Common Magic and talents. Its seems a good way to use concentration of Talents (innate magic). Besides, as soon as they concentrate, the talents start acting like real abilities rather than augmenters... This would make for some pretty kick-ass wuxia action, I think.

Keyword snipped

Jeff