Re: The tired old "but I wanna discuss that *here*" debate.

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 10:08:47 -0000

Simon Hibbs:
>>Also, since this is a more responsive
>>forum, with a quicker turnaround of messages, it is better
>>suited to discussions of games that may be ongoing. If I had
>>only had the Digest when I needed help with Nathan myths, the
>>Digest would have een too little, too late.

Graham Robinson

> Frankly, that's your problem. Most games run at a frequency
> of once a week or less. That's seven issues of the GD (minimum)
> between sessions. Any GM or player for-seeing a problem can
> happily get responses in that time.
> Anyone without that foresight won't look for help anyway...

Or ask for help both here and there, and for the replies to go to the digest, or come in private e-mail. Remember there is no need to trash out everything in public, and referees asking for help may want privacy from nosy players, too.

If you really need the publicity, another way to go is collect the arguments, and make a web-page of the discussion so far. Then, announce this document for discussion in private. Eventually updates can be announced again.

You may find that editing your own posts along with the replies can provide answers, too.

Personally, I'm rather a bit annoyed that quite a lot of good stuff happens here and not on my home turf, the digest.