Re: Taraltaran Mystics: GD vs HQ

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 21:19:07 -0000

> In that case, question for the "newbies" and the
> moderators: if a question is asked along the lines of
> "what's known about area X, because I want to play
> there?", what sort of answer would you like?
> Let's assume that the current material is incomplete
> on the subject.

FWIW, my view would be that it would be acceptable to say on the list that the only existing references to an area are in Out of Print or unofficial sources, just as it would be acceptable to point them at someone's web page, if it covers the area in question, since as you say

> I'd always assumed that if any material has been
> produced, by anyone, then the questioner would like to
> know of its existance,

It's probably worth pointing out, particularly if it is a non Chaosium/AH/Issaries source that there is no gurantee that Issaries might not overrule this at some time in the future (however far away that night be in some cases!) It *should* go without saying, but just in case...

It might also be an idea, particularly if the area is one that is reasonably well explored in non HW/Q publications (The Holy Country, Sun County...) to suggest the digest as a place to ask deeper questions (and/or the HW-Rules list as a place to discus/suggest feats/affinities/keywords etc if they are likely to need developing