RE: Re: Donandar the Bard

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 05:05:33 +0100

Bryan wrote:

> On the other hand, amongst the primitive clans of Maniria I could
> see something like this being useful. They don't even form stable
> tribes very well, so knowledge would be easily lost, so something
> like that would be useful.
>
> However....I don't think it would Donandar. I don't think truth
> is in his runes at all (doesn't he have illusion?).

Aha! But the Wenelian tribes could well have a strong antipathy for Tricksters and anybody else of that ilk (since the drowning of Old Slontos at the end of the Second Age), in which case a "nothing-to-do-with-Illusions-honest!" cult of entertainers might make perfect sense for them.

(I ought to mention that Nick Eden's full writeup of the cult of Donandar for RQ is one click up from the Digest post I linked to in my last message...)

Cheers, Nick