Orlanthi irrigation?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 18:32:06 +0100 (BST)

> jorganos writes:
> > I seem to recall an odd mention of Orlanth
> introducing
> > irrigation farming to his people during the early
> Storm
> > Age. If so, what kind of harvest?
>
> I don't see why anyone in Sartar would use
> irrigation,

Nor me: perhaps in the Storm Age, Orlanth's people were not living in Sartar? Somewhere with a much hotter climate, if irrigation was a Good Thing. (Hmm: mythic link with Aroka? Ending of Drought?)

So now you have all these Orlanthi carrying out ceremonies to end drought, because they always have, in an area where more rain is the last thing they need :)

Unless irrogation channels can also be used for drainage?

Yahoo! Plus - For a better Internet experience http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/yplus/yoffer.html