Re: Flower Day question...

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:35:24 -0400

jorganos writes:

> As to game relevance - if a food plant requires wet farming,
> then the entire culture will be in to dam building, irrigation
> etc. I seem to recall an odd mention of Orlanth introducing
> irrigation farming to his people during the early Storm
> Age. If so, what kind of harvest?

I don't see why anyone in Sartar would use irrigation, other than (maybe) fetching and carrying buckets of water for their vegetable gardens. When someone uses the word "irrigation", I get the picture of large scale screws and wheels driven by oxen, and trenches, and rice-paddies and the like.

This does not fit my mental image of Sartarite agriculture.

However, to each his own.

--
Viktor