from trollkin to Uz

From: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 20:03:01 +0200

Hello,

        one of my players' PC has a trollkin follower. The Hero is an old Esrolian woman, a philosopher, well liked by uz from the Shadow Plateau and possessing a few Darkness magics.

The character having reached 8W2 in Philosophy, her trollkin follower (the Awful Grak, insect pilot 20W, trollkin 16W) has also now quite a good level. I personally love the 'follower = Hero -8/-12' rule and my players also. They don't overuse this and it causes me no trouble during play.

So, the player heard about this ritual uz have, to transform hooman or special trollkins into Uz. In the old RQ pack, the ritual is described as gruesome, bloody, but not that much for trolkin : no need to graft them with a uz stomach or liver, for example. I suppose they just need new teeth and mostly to prove their valor to Kyger Litor. Maybe to eat some Darkness spirit to gain darksense ?

We will probably play the ceremony at the next session. What is IYO, the difficulty to survive such a ritual ?
IMO, it is a sort of 'divine intervention' from Kyger Litor. So I'll probably ask the player to roll 'trollkin 16W' vs the resistance for DI.

I'll then improvise the length of time during which the poor creature will be put in a spider cocoon before Kyger Litor answers his pleas. from 1 week to 1 year, depending of the result.

Does that seem right to you ? (I mean, concerning resistance and such) The Hero will also need to activate some uz relation and to persuade some Great Mothers to accept the trollkin.

And btw, Divine Intervention has a 10W resistance in my (french) version of the rules, but I saw a 20W in the Issaries version. Uh, do you all use 20W ? Is that a Multisim typo or was that changed by errata ?

have a nice day,

        Philippe