RE: Was Yanafal a Carmanian or Dara Happan ?

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 18:42:15 +0100

Tadaaki asks:

> Was Yanafal born of Carmanian house who rule Yuthuppa by the
> authority of the Empire, or Dara Happan noble house who rule
> Yuthuppa and pledge their royalty to the Carmanian Empire ?

Probably Digest fodder. I believe Yanafal Tarnils was a Carmanian (and that the Satrap of Yuthuppa at this period would have been a Carmanian appointee, likely a Carmanian rather than a collaborator), the nephew of the Bull Shah; Irrippi Ontor was a Carmanian Vizier originally in his father's service, who had studied Dara Happan celestial lore; not a Dara Happan per se.

At any rate, that's what I wrote in the Yanafal Tarnils cult writeup in Tales #17, and is what Chris Gidlow assumed when he wrote the "Seleric Verses".

But then, we *like* Carmanians, so we're biased :-)

I believe that in "Birth of the Goddess" he was Rinliddi-ish (or something), like most of the Mothers in that game.

Cheers, Nick