RE: HQ Opinions

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 06:16:12 +0100

James wrote:

> It might have been nice to include a homeland for one of the
> Elder Races -- maybe uz? (I am unclear on whether the HQ Voices
> PDF will have two-page homelands for the outland and nonhuman
> cultures

It won't. Nice idea, but I don't think anyone seriously wanted to rush seven *radically* different homelands into print in an official publication. (Or hold up HQ Voices while we waited to get them all written, then get them all approved...)

(BTW, please don't ask me when it's coming out -- Issaries knows, not Etyries).

> The press release mentions "double-page spreads," but I saw a
> comment elsewhere that suggested otherwise.

Almost every article in "HeroQuest Voices" is a two-page spread. The ones that aren't are single pages. The layout is the same as in "HeroQuest". The book's been designed to make good handouts. But that doesn't mean it's full of homelands -- there's only one, and that's a sneak preview from "HeroQuest".

> I am immensely proud to own a rulebook that lacks a dedicated
> "Combat" chapter.

Oh boy, yes! And I *love* the way armour, equipment and tools are all lumped together (as "things that give you bonuses in the right sort of contest").

Cheers, Nick