Re: New Redjay episode available...

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:39:55 -0400

Jane Williams writes:
> --- In HeroQuest-RPG_at_yahoogroups.com, Viktor Haag <vhaag@r
>
> > New episode in particular:
> > <http://homepage.mac.com/viktor_haag/glorantha/journal/adv003-saving_mother.pdf>
>
> Excellent! Great scenario, great writing.

Thank-you, Jane!

> And their clan lore-master didn't recognise the HQ they've
> been on a variant of? Yeah, right... I wonder when it'll be
> explained to them?

Actually, I had intended that to be mostly true: the children are intended to present a bit of a puzzle to established Heortling culture -- they are children, and yet they seem to have the capacity to participate in the magical world. It's clear that the Gods are interested in them, indeed the Loremaster was pretty sure she knew who the figures in the heroquest were, and sort of what was going on, but it was a story she did not know about.

I have a picture of Glorantha where there are lots of aspects of religious life that fall between the cracks. I have solidly taken to heart the notion of the Heortling "all". Thus "all loremasters know all myths", which means that the missing 15% can create lots of space for weird stuff to be happening (weird to the Heortlings as well as to the characters).

> Did the players catch on, BTW?

Did the players catch on that they were in the God world? Yes. Did one of them stand up and say, "Hey! We're on a hero quest!", no, I don't think so. But they're so knew to the setting that I'm not sure that they'd think in those terms.

--
Viktor Haag : Software & Information Design : Research In Motion
                              +--+