Re: Re: New Redjay episode available...

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 06:52:18 +0100 (BST)

> .. the Loremaster was pretty
> sure she knew who the figures in the heroquest were,
> and sort of
> what was going on, but it was a story she did not
> know about.

Well, I'm surprised. I won't name it here as it might Spoil things for others (and your players if they read this), but it was pretty obvious to me. Yes, it's an unusual variant, but it's clear what it's a variant *of*.

> Thus "all loremasters
> know all myths", which means that the missing 15%
> can create lots
> of space for weird stuff to be happening (weird to
> the Heortlings
> as well as to the characters).

Oh, yes! And when each clan has its own myths anyway, and different takes on comon myths, there's huge amounts of variation.

> Did one of them stand up and say, "Hey! We're
> on a hero
> quest!", no, I don't think so. But they're so knew
> to the
> setting that I'm not sure that they'd think in those
> terms.

I was actually wondering if they recognised *which* HQ they were on. Obviously not, then. When I did something similar to my players, one of them did recognise what was going on just after it had happened (shortly after "killing" "Yelm" with a stolen sword and saying "oops").

Jane Williams

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk