Re: Getting Going .. at low level.

From: Hallier, Wilfried <vingo_at_...>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:25:24 +0200

Welcome Fred,

> Here's my question: I've got some older (RQ2) stuff.
> Will any of this be useable with HQ?

Of course old stuff could be usefull. Especially King Of Sartar. Uz Box and Gods have always good parts of information. Ever consider Avalon Hill Glorantha as good too.

I personnaly love the Issaries Glorantha, because it lets you a lot of ideas for campaigns.

Take a look to that page:
http://www.glorantha.com/hw/fan_list.html

> From the description of HQ I've seen (and I have NOT
> worked my way through the archives of this group or
> the other groups...), can you play a low-level type
> game and work your way up to the Hero Wars? I'd like
> to roam some old turf like Apple Lane, etc., before
> going off and righting the wrongs of the universe (!)...

Of course you could play low level.
Have in mind HeroQuest Book: Mastery Level p19 A master is 1W2 = for me 100% in RQ.
Also, default resistance is 14.
So offer them 14 (best _at_ 1W) instead of 17 (best at 5W). Don't forget even 17, PCs are not strong characters.

To play old Apple Lane stuff:

http://www.glorantha.com/hw/scenario_gringle.html
http://www.glorantha.com/hw/scenario_applelane.html
http://www.glorantha.com/hw/scenario_rainbowmounds.html