Re: Re: Humakti Devotion

From: Gerald Bosch <gbosch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:43:47 -0500

I like this view. It has a kind of French Foreign Legion feel to it - a place for those who want to leave all of themselves behind. I'd think there would be only two potential catches. The first is that the new initiate has to mean it when when they embrace honor and death. Second, initiates have to be endorsed by a Humakti battle comrade.

BTW: This brings up why I don't buy the idea of the newly made initiate or devotee having to kill someone during the process of assuming the new status. An initiate seems to have to have killed in battle before they can even try to get in, and I wouldn't allow a devotee who wasn't extensively blooded. I think killing is the one thing that the prospective Humakti has to have done before we get to any tests or ceremonies at all.

Gerald