Re: Re: Thunder During Snow?

From: Gerald Bosch <gbosch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 20:34:48 -0500

Andrew Solovay wrote:

> Ditto. And no matter how cold it is in Fimbulwinter, I'll bet the Darkness
> was worse. Any trees around in the Third Age are descended from ones that
> (somehow) survived the Darkness--they've got to have a few tricks up their
> sleeves.

Deep in an ancient forest, one old tree talking to another:

"Why these kids today don't know what cold is! When I was a sapling during the Darkness... now there was cold! All of my relative shattering whenever a minor wind daimon wandered by, why I don't... what was I saying?"

"Zzzzzz"

Also, no discussion of winter is complete without the effect of leading parents to discuss how they had to walk five miles uphill in the snow going both to and from school and how children just don't understand how soft they have it today.

Gerald