Re: Fimbulwinter Tales

From: joe_at_...
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:47:03 +0100 (CET)

Me:
>>And we were talking about Fimbulwinter Wintertime, not the sunny summer >>just below freezing, weren't we?

Trotsky :
> According to Dragon Pass (just got my copy in the post yesterday. Yay!)

Yay seconded! And a pleasant surprise to find after a long day at work, too. Just the kind of book I've been waiting for. Saird is next?

> even outside the Fimbulwinter, daytime temperature in the Sartar
> Darkseason regularly drops to below -30 c, with nights obviously
> somewhat colder.

It did say "sometimes". I suppose that there are falling winds in Glorantha which don't heat up doing so (non-adiabatic...). Connecting Himalayan altitudes with the valley ought to blow out any memories of warmth now and then.

I think these days in non-Fimbulwinter are the cattle-killing winters which figured in KoDP now and then.

I think we can remain with the image of Switzerland occasionally plagued by Hollri...