Re: Re: Illuminated Uroxi?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:28:53 +1300

At 06:57 AM 1/20/04 +0000, you wrote:

>I think most Gods of Glorantha are illuminated aren't
>they?

It depends on what you mean by Illuminated. The Illumination described in Cults of Terror is different from the Lunar Illumination and the mystical insight given by other Great Gods. The reason is the CoT Illumination is an incomplete insight obtained from a fragment of Nysalor's teachings.

Moreover only the Great Gods are illuminated which excludes Urox. Humakt (Death), Uleria (Love), Orlanth (Storm), the Red Goddess (Moon), Magasta (Sea), Malkion (Law), Yelm (Fire), Dayzatar (Truth), Chalana Arroy (Harmony), Eurmal (Disorder), Mostal (Stasis), Subere (Darkness), Ernalda (Earth) are the names of the Great Gods in the Dragon Pass region.

>And the Uroxi could approach Chaos and the
>Lunar Empire from the Arkati persepective - ie the light side of the
>force!

I don't think the Arkati see themselves as having anything to do with Illumination. IMO that's a clever God Learner slander which conceals as much as it reveals.

>Even after 'enlightenment' the person would still know that
>Chaos is destructive as opposed to constructive force so
>choose to view it as a negative.

That's no help. An illuminate would know that Humakt is a destructive force just as much as Chaos is.

--Peter Metcalfe