Re: DP: Kjartan's Pool and the Pelaskans

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:37:04 -0000

> I think, having read DP, that it is very obvious that it's
> supposed to be a store of inspiration (maybe not purely).
>
> I already use it exactly as you describe

The fact hat Bryan's slip squirmed its way through but has beena source of inspiration reminds me of one of the benefits of the world creation rules in Classic Traveller. The results were pretty much random which meant there was little correlation between habitability and number of inhabitants, technical level and starport, etc. Explaining away these inconsistencies led to some really creative ideas. Sometimes anomolies are more interesting...