Re: Magic in Glorantha?

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 17:56:55 -0000

> Doing your magic and then coming into a negotiation/social
situation is
> silly, since you'll have your Hero Glow, and everyone will know
that you're
> powered up. They may not know what you've got, but they'll know you
have
> *something*. They'll either refuse to deal with you, or put up
their own
> magic to counter what they think you have. Most high muckity-mucks
probably
> won't allow you to approach with obvious magic - the same
as "bearing
> weapons in the presence of the king" sort of rules.

I couldn't agree less, actualy. A hero glow means you're someone worth listening to, if you're on our side then you being a hero is a good thing.

King: "What say you, Oswald?"
Lawspeaker: "We should listen to this stranger O King, for he has the mark of Destiny upon him."

And anyway as I said a post ago, form a game point of view social magic should at least be usefull in some situations.

Simon Hibbs