Re: Re: Magic in Glorantha?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 08:12:52 +0000 (GMT)

> Exactly. It's a magical world; magic should be
> used.

And treated as "normal". It isn't some weird stuff separate from real life, it's as natural as breathing (esp. for Orlanthi!) There *is* no line saying "this is mundane, this is magic" except in the rules.

If in the RW a shop uses electric light to help me see their products, are they cheating? If they tint it slightly to make things look better? If the mirror in the changing room is slightly distorted to make me look thinner? Or do we all just take this for granted?

Of course they're doing their best to make me buy stuff.

Jane Williams

BT Yahoo! Broadband - Free modem offer, sign up online today and save �80 http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk