Re: Homeland keyword for Sartarites in Prax?

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:38:46 -0500

Peter Metcalfe writes:
> At 09:45 AM 2/3/04 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >* Does anyone have, or have a pointer to, notes on a
> > "homeland" for Sartarites in Prax (homesteaders)? Perhaps
> > just the modifications that should be made to the
> > "Hoertling" homeland given in HQ?
>
> I daresay it's impossible (or very difficult) for women to
> worship Esrolia.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your comment. I don't see anything in the Esrolia homeland pages about worshipping Esrolia either. Could you amplify for the sake of a newbie?

> > For example, on both those above, do the Sartarites still
> > get their common magic from Flesh Man, and the same list?
>
> Why shouldn't they? They brought over worship of Flesh Man
> with them.

I agree; I assumed that Flesh Man would provide Sartarites with useful common magic no matter where they live (and more useful once they "settle in" a bit), and so I wrote my homeland description that way. However, I changed some of the talents because I didn't think they'd be that appropriate for life in the valley (to wit, I exchanged 'Run Through Scrub' for 'Climb Over Hill and Dale', and 'Find Water' for 'Stay Warm'). Is this consistent with official notions about Flesh Man?

--
Viktor Haag : Software & Information Design : Research In Motion
                              +--+