Re: Homeland keyword for Sartarites in Prax?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 13:03:54 +1300

At 05:38 PM 2/5/04 -0500, you wrote:

>Me > I daresay it's impossible (or very difficult) for women to
> > worship Esrolia.

>I'm sorry, but I don't understand your comment. I don't see
>anything in the Esrolia homeland pages about worshipping Esrolia
>either. Could you amplify for the sake of a newbie?

The Esrolians do worship Esrola under the incarnations of Esra (farmer deity) and related goddesses listed in Thunder Rebels p179. Why I am suggesting that the Praxian Sartarites don't worship Esrola is that in Prax, the bountiful aspect of the earth (Esrola) is dead and that only Eiritha survives.

>I assumed that Flesh Man would provide Sartarites with
>useful common magic no matter where they live (and more useful
>once they "settle in" a bit), and so I wrote my homeland
>description that way. However, I changed some of the talents
>because I didn't think they'd be that appropriate for life in the
>valley (to wit, I exchanged 'Run Through Scrub' for 'Climb Over
>Hill and Dale', and 'Find Water' for 'Stay Warm'). Is this
>consistent with official notions about Flesh Man?

I don't think Flesh Man will mind...

--Peter Metcalfe