Re: Magic in Glorantha/Moral Conduct

From: Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:01:04 -0000

Simon said:

> I think this comes down to you and I having a very different
> interpretation of what these kind sof magic actualy do. Command
> Followers isn't anything remotely like hostile mind controll magic.
> For a start it only works on followers - people who have
voluntarily
> dedicated themselves to following your orders. It is inherently
> friendly magic, that's helping the follower better do something
they
> have committed themselves to doing anyway.

Hmm, I wouldn't phrase it quite that way but I see your point. I would say Command Follower helps me to convince followers better just like Chop Heads Off makes me fight better (but not necessarily chop heads off). Occassionally you'll get that command result but probably not very often. And if I'm really opposed forget it because then you're trying to command me and that's -40.

I have no problem with augments for skills, they're still mundane abilities after all, it was the 14 resistance for magical skills that was bothering me. Of course that's not such a problem when I finally noticed that -40 modifier for imposing mental commands modifier.

Okay, consider me convinced.

Oliver

PS I still think its bullying to throw all your magic at people without that advantage but then I've got an overdeveloped sense of fair play. Ask me how many boardgames I've won in the past year while playing with my group of friends. Answer-none. Saddest part is that most of them are my games:-(