Re: Re: Dragonewt Plinths

From: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:31:10 +0100

matthew.cole_at_... wrote:

> One idea would be to describe what can be seen outside of the road.
> I conceived of the dragonewt road being like an undulating pathway
> that sometimes ran high in the clouds and sometimes low down at
> ground level. I like the idea of a displaced time effect but want
> to keep 'perceived time' as normal (except, maybe, in short bouts
> of acceleration or deceleration). The effect on what you see
> 'through the walls of the road' (!?) could be an interesting
> descriptive tool. Does this inspire an image?

The 'undulating pathway' part is quite good. I thought the road were straight lines, but I much prefer your more, er, serpentine version. Reminds me of the way some rivers are said to be serpents or dragons (the big one in Dara Happa)... Could the roads be part of a Dragon ?

Then, those scaly engravings and slightly moving walls on the plinths may be more alive than you think. And to use the road is to be inside the mighty mind of [insert cool dragon name there], who does not care about space and time. Oh my.

        Philippe