RE: Hey Guys! I'm new to Hero Quest

From: TheWyldRage_at_...
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:30:32 -0500

Well, let's see if we can answer some questions.
  1. The game is now called Heroquest for 2 reasons. First, the act of going to the otherworlds is called a Heroquest, and this is central to the religions of Glorantha. Second, in the runequest days, a game called "Heroquest" was listed as "coming soon" in the ad section of a RQ book (I don't know which) and since the Heroquest copyright had lapsed...
  2. The Steve Jackson logo is due to the deal between Issaries and SJ games. The latter now distributes Issaries' books through its warehouse 23 shop.
  3. Why is the game loved? The setting (Glorantha is just so vast), the rules (except for character creation, you can easily memorize it all) and the fact that it is in print (while Runequest is not). On a side note, for the French edition it is the opposite: Runequest is still available while Hero Wars is no longer.

"John" <odincircle_at_...> wrote:

>I saw this game on Steve's website a few months back. I saw the cover
>art of the Imperial Lunar Handbook. It looked interesting to say the
>least. I wasn't really sure what was up. I saw a game called Hero
>Wars which was about novel size. Then I found books with the Hero
>Quest Logo on them. It was confusing at first. I decided to do a
>little research on the subject. Why the name change? I also noticed
>that Hero Quest has a Steve Jackson logo on the cover as well now. I
>haven't managed to pick up the main book yet. Because me gaming store
>didn't have a copy on hand. But I did manage to get a copy of the
>hero's book though. My main book should hopefully be in next week I'm
>keeping my fingers crossed. I noticed this game has a very dedicated
>fan base. So I'm interested in seeing what makes this game so great
>and why people like it so much. I'm really happy to be a part of the
>community.
>

>John

New! Unlimited Netscape Internet Service. Only $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register Act now to get a personalized email address!

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.