Re: Teshnos blowgun

From: giangero <giangero_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:18:18 -0000

Yes, but Teshnan have a very complex society and organization, even in the way they defend from ground invaders. Probably there _are_ (near Fethlon or nea the yellow elves jungle) villages and hunters who use blowguns, but blowguns are a very difficult weapon to master and totally unuseful in a (human) war.

The skirmishing forces of teshnos (or of Somashites, as you like) would probably encompass self bow archers or trappers which can be reasonably arrayed, disposed and manouvered over a jungle territory to provide some protecion, flanking or retarding function against an invading force. Villagers and local hunters are difficult to recruit and unreliable against a true enemy, even if they were masterblowgunmen  :)

On the other hand, there was that fine picture in Tales of the RM, with that _elf_ (it was in Hut of Darkness IIRC) using a blowgun. IMG I located that scenario in western Teshnos, but probably it's just me (it worked finely, anyway).

Ciao,
Gian