Re: re: No common magic feats for Heortlings [was: Heortling Collectives for Common Magic]

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 04:44:36 -0500

At 9:55 PM +0000 2/22/04, Jane Williams wrote:
>I'd point out here that Humakt, complete with
>separation from kin, is very much a special case, and
>the extreme of what's possible or impossible. Don't go
>there! Use any of the other deities as examples, but
>not Humakt!

        That was the point of it -- if Humakti still participate in the Communal Religion, pretty much everyone should. A closer reading of the rules shows that devotees still have the time commitment for Communal Worship, so I assume they get whatever benefits from it that their neighbors do (general fertility, clan harmony magic, wyter abilities, etc). Except, of course, the ability to call on the pantheon for aid as an individual (although they should still be able to participate in a communal call for aid).

Peter Larsen