Re: Start of the siege of Whitewall

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:03:04 -0000

On 29 Feb 2004 at 13:48, Osentalka_at_... wrote:

> i need to know when the siege of Whitewall STARTS.
>
> All sources tell me that in 1619 Whitewall is besieged, but when does it
> start?
>
> Right after the Lunars invaded and crushed the Holy Country (1616)?
> Or later on?
>
> Please donīt answer only by facts you have memorised, but give me the correct
> book title, paragraph and sentence.

According to KoS (CHDP), it was 1619.

Page 148:
"In 1619 the Lunar armies marched southwards. The first opponent was the army of Volsaxland, which was driven into the walls of Whitewall. Jorkandros Blinder, of the Untarl family of Yuthuppa, was given command of the siege. The rest of the army pushed on, assaulted Smithstone, then marched down river to Karse.... [details of its capture snipped]. The army wintered, active only in vigorous defence against raiders from Hendrikiland. BY the next spring the port was fuly operational. At Whitewall the commander ordered the Crimsosn Bat to assautl the city and exterminate the defenders, whom he called "the last Orlanthi". Astonishingly, the bat was repelled, though at great cost to the defenders. Jorkandros Blinder was replaced by Tatius the Bright, dean of the Lunar Field School of Magic."