Killing the Bat and BigW Siege

From: giangero <giangero_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:51:10 -0000

As I recall it (by Greg on this list or another) the Bat was actually driven off, went to the sea on his own wit (!) and the bat priests had a hard time just following his trail and catching it to dispel it!

IMscenario dry hard there is a mild reference to the siege of Whitewall, as a offcamera tragedy, and its effects on the surrounding Heortling traditional clans (unofficially, of course, just My Glorantha).

My model for any siege in game is Troy, of course. It lasted ten years, according to the most prominent Sources.

But that does not mean no one could get in or out of the City while it was "under siege".

I fancy that Lunars manouvered the turmoil in Heortland just like they did in the rest of Holy Country.
So they employed (unofficially) Malkioni or Esvulari to "siege" Whitewall and Bryan ever since 1617.
Maybe their instrument was Baron Sanuel or Mularik Ironeye. The former is known as a turncoat pro Lunar and the latter as expert in siegecraft.
Where were they in 1616-1617?
Both being used by the Lunars against High King Bryan. The former simply kept on to be paid by the moonies over time. The latter repented and found other parties (fazzurites? argrathi?).

Gwandor Campaign, please, return to us! We need to know more about Sanuel and Argraths and Mularik!

Ciao,
Gian