Re: The Magic of Others - learning Theist magic (Was Heortling Common Magic thread)

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 19:18:06 -0000

I'm just being chatty today -
Roderick:
> The change sisn't flagged, but:
> HQ 118 (Benefits and Obligations) states: "A Devotee has all the
benefits of
> an initiate, *except he can call for Divine Aid only from the
diety he
> worships*. (Enmphasis mine).

Personally, I am not applying that rule to the Heortlings - I don't see why a devotee of Orlanth the Thunderer cannot ask for Divine Aid from those gods or goddesses who aided Orlanth. I appreciate the difference between initiate and devotee (in my game - and in David's game - few characters are devotees. Heck at least half don't concentrate magic), but if Ernalda helped Orlanth, a devotee of Orlanth should be able to ask Ernalda for help.

Jeff